Join Our team
Become Part of a Team of Proud Human Service and Treatment Providers who Believe People are People First
With almost 500 employees and serving people and providers from the panhandle all the way to El Paso, StarCare is the mental healthcare provider of West Texas. Headquartered in Lubbock, we support people living with intellectual disabilities, mental illness and substance use disorders, as well as provide services for the aging population and veterans.
Covering psychiatry, occupational therapy, residential support, mental health, skilled nursing, social work, operations, administration, and more and with a hospital, clinic, day habilitation facility, group homes, and more, we have something for people whose passion is empowering individuals to make choices about their lives.
As an equal opportunity employer, we have a commitment to the principle of diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals.
Browse our open position postings and apply today!
In Preparation of Your Application
- Vacancies are required to remain vacant for five working days after the posting date.
- Applications will be reviewed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. through 5 p.m. in our Personnel Office.
- Resumes are welcome, but will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Applicants are required to provide documents that provide proof of employment authorization and identity (i.e., Social Security card, birth certificate, etc.) prior to employment. Alternate documents may be accepted as per regulation.
- Proof of education such as GED certificate, high school diploma or transcript and/or college transcript or diploma must be provided and proof of licensure for those positions requiring a license is also required.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of auto liability insurance must also be provided when completing an application.
- Prior to employment, a criminal records check will be completed to determine suitability for employment. Convictions related to sexual offenses, drug related offenses, murder, theft, assault, battery or any other crime involving personal injury or threat to another person may be considered a contraindication for employment. Falsification of an application for employment is grounds for dismissal, if employed.
- All positions require a period of orientation and training, which is a condition of employment. Employees need to be available to attend all sessions at the scheduled times.
- StarCare Specialty Health System is committed to maintaining a drug free and productive working environment for all employees and ensuring the safe and efficient delivery of services to those individuals we serve. As a condition of employment, all new and rehired employees and those individuals with whom we contract to provide residential services will be required to undergo pre-employment controlled substance testing. Effective Sept. 1, 1998, we expanded this policy to include drug and alcohol testing of employees for reasonable suspicion, post motor-vehicle accident.