StarCare Specialty Health System’s Rehabilitation services are generally intended for individuals who require intensive rehabilitation to increase community connection, establish support networks and develop coping strategies in order to function effectively in their social environment.
The general focus of intensive rehabilitation services is to support the individual through a team approach that engages him/her as a key partner in their rehab. The goal is to stabilize symptoms, improve social function, develop skills in self-advocacy and increase natural supports in the community and/or sustain improvements made in more intensive services.
The emphasis is on bolstering identified strengths and reducing functional needs through:
- medication management
- skill-training activities
- symptom management
- independent living
- substance abuse education
- employment strategies
- impulse control
- effective interaction with peers, family and community.
To be eligible to receive Rehabilitation services:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have a diagnosis of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder or Major Depressive Disorder, each with psychotic features
- Have high needs in family functioning, natural supports, employment, residential stability, substance use and criminal behavior
- Have had multiple psychiatric crises
- Be 3 to 17 years old
- Have a mental health diagnosis
- Be at risk of having to move away from their home or school
- Be enrolled in special education